[Mailman-Users] "Lost" a list and now I'm stuck...

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Mon Oct 27 22:12:58 CET 2003

Hello,

I had a system crash recently while a mailing was going out to a list
that has about 11,000 members.

In the mailman/lists directory the list still has its directory, but
instead of the usual:

config.pck  config.pck.last  request.db

it has just these files:

-rw-rw----    1 mailman  mailman   1670681 Sep 10 16:02 config.pck.safety
-rw-rw-r--    1 webusers mailman        29 Oct 22 01:44 request.db

The list is no longer showing up in list_lists and check_db runs. It
certainly existed before though!

Can I still restore that list? I'm not sure I have all the subscriber
details still... which would be a real shame to lose, it's a community
site for new mothers (and fathers) for advice and stuff for babies,
parents and young kids to do, etc...

I had to clean out a load of rubbish in the qfiles to stop mailmanctl
barfing a load of errors (Bad Marshal Data) ... sadly I don't have
access to the full errors any more.

Regards,

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access