[Mailman-Users] Re: AOL issue

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Thu Oct 30 04:27:49 CET 2003

Vivek Khera wrote:

>PHB> I have heard a rumour that AOL's new spam filters are rejecting
>PHB> mail that has URLs as dotted quad addresses.  If your server is
>
>no rumor. they say they do it on their "postmaster" web site.

      Actually it says they "may" reject them.  Also says "may" for IP
addresses without PTR record.  Since several entries before this say they
"will not" I guess they just throw the dice or something to see what the
policy of the day is?
      And that page has not changed in 5 months, which is really no help at
all.

<>< Paul