[Mailman-Users] Problems after system update.

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 19:02:47 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 11:21, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> Hiya all!
>
> I just made a system update, and restored the files I had saved,
> /usr/lib/mailman/* and all subdirs.  However, there must be something that
> was stored elsewhere, because now nobody can log on to the list created...
>
> Is there a way to fix this without a complete list recreation?
> Not even I as the admin can log on to the list's admin pages.
>
> Anders Norrbring

Did you create a Mailman user and group with the same UID and GID's as
the previous system?  Is this upgrade using a different version of
Python?  Did you reset the cron table for the user Mailman? Also, are
your webserver and email server running as the same users/groups as
previously?

If you've checked all that, then have you run:
   /usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms -f

In a worse case scenario, you'll simply have to re-install Mailman.  It
should pick up the existing lists and everything should work fine
(assuming you installed from source and that you saved the options you
used with ./configure --options

Good Luck - Jon Carnes