[Mailman-Users] mailman and virtual domains

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Thu Sep 4 20:35:19 CEST 2003

Hi guys,

I'm new to mailman, but I managed to get it set up on my Gentoo Linux :)

I wanted it to support virtual domains, because I'd like to run it on
several domains (obviously :)

I have ofcourse searched the archives in search for answers, and since I
couldn't find any answers that worked for me, I turn to you as a last

I only have one problem left, if I set it up to service one of the
virtual domains, the welcome to your new mailing list (and to users too)
it uses my primary domain (vsen.dk - see the Defaults.py settings below)
as the domainname :(

Also I was wondering if it is possible to have lists with the same name
(f.ex. news) for different virtual domains.

my mm_cfg.py looks like this:
MTA = 'Postfix'

a snipppet of Defaults.py is:
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'vsen.dk'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

Thank you for reading this far - I hope you can help.

Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl at vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk
PGP: 7E063C62/2873 188C 968E 600D D8F8  B8DA 3D3A 0B79 7E06 3C62
See my new CMS Hosting Service at http://www.VirkPaaNettet.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.