[Mailman-Users] Mailman performance

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Sep 18 18:44:03 CEST 2003

Hello List

FAQ: 1.15. What is the largest list Mailman can run?
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.015.htp

Surely sf.net has much more traffic than the examples listed here as they have
over 700,000 users currently...

Anyway, I am looking for some recommended hardware specs to run a list service
with approx 500,000 users, with say 2-5 million emails per day.

I understand all the MTA performance issues, there will be enough MTA servers
and bandwith to handle the traffic, but my question is will mailman handle
the load?
Is anyone running a mailman installation of this size? If so I would love to
hear about the processor and ram requirements.

Would splitiing the mailman components up onto separate servers with a shared
NFS disk be a good idea??

Thanks in Advance

--

Peter Nixon