[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Developers] How to remove X-Confirm-Reading requests from mail headers distributed by Mailman?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun Apr 4 02:21:09 CEST 2004

At 1:23 AM +0200 2004/04/04, Andrzej Kasperowicz wrote:

>  I'd be glad if you could explain it to him, as he apparently was
>  offended, because I didn't do it, and he's not a newbe in internet, I've
>  seen him on-line for about 9-10 years.

	As I told you in private e-mail, I'm not interested in whatever
he might have to say.  I've been in this business long enough to know
what the capabilities are of the various types of programs, and
there's nothing he could possibly say that could change my mind.

	These are facts we're dealing with, and regardless of whatever
his personal opinions are as to what he feels should be done to
protect him from his own stupidity, he's not going to change the
facts.

>>  	We are not going to take every single bloody feature of ecartis
>
>  Of course not, but what is wrong in taking every good, useful feature?

	We can take input from many sources, when it comes to ideas to
incorporate into Mailman.  I'm sure that Barry would be happy to
accept any useful input you may have.  However, keep in mind that
Barry can always decide not to implement a particular recommended
feature, and even those features that he does decide to implement
will have to be prioritized.

	Moreover, the development effort that is available is extremely
limited -- there are a whole host of compromises that have to be
continually made, and no one ever gets everything they want, and most
people probably don't even get many of the things they want.

	But asking someone to re-create a commercial product and then
give that away for free, well that's quite a different matter.