[Mailman-Users] Add a list of members to Mailman

BDP - Andreas Germann andreas.germann at bdp.org
Mon Apr 5 14:16:37 CEST 2004

Hi!

I'm the Administrator of a Mailman-List and I want to add a whole list of
Users to the List.

I know the function to add a file with Email-addresses but I really would
like to add the real name, too. This would make the administration much
more usable to me because I can compare our adresse-database with the
entries in the Mailman-interface...

I tried different methods (first line of the file fieldnames, other lines
the data; each line fieldname, fieldcontent, fieldname...) but I had no
success.

Is there any possibility to have a list with the field "user" and
"fullname" (or whatever fieldname) and to import that list to Mailman so
that I get for each imported member not only the Emailadress but also the
real name? That would be great!

Thank you very much for your help!

Andreas

BDP LV BaWü - Andreas Germann
Grafenberger Str. 25 - 72658 Bempflingen
fon 07123/360 65 61 - fax 07123/360 65 66
andreas.germann at bdp.org - http://www.bdp.org/bawue