[Mailman-Users] BIG Problem: "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4"

Axel Klepping a.klepping at alfeld.de
Mon Apr 5 19:41:34 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm getting the following error on my new installed Debian Sarge when
trying to access /cgi-bin/mailman/admin/[listname]:

--quote--

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy
of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 97, in run_main
     main()
   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 94, in main
     Auth.loginpage(mlist, 'admin', msg=msg)
   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/Auth.py", line 58, in loginpage
     }, mlist=mlist)
   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 509, in maketext
     return findtext(templatefile, dict, raw, lang, mlist)[0]
   File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 485, in findtext
     raise IOError(errno.ENOENT, 'No template file found', templatefile)
IOError: [Errno 2] No template file found: 'admlogin.html'

Python information:

Variable	Value
sys.version	2.3.3 (#2, Feb 24 2004, 09:29:20) [GCC 3.3.3 (Debian)]
sys.executable	/usr/bin/python
sys.prefix	/usr
sys.exec_prefix	/usr
sys.path	/usr
sys.platform	linux2

--quote--

If I try to use the add_members script, I get the following error:

--quote--

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/add_members", line 255, in ?
main()
File "/usr/sbin/add_members", line 235, in main
addall(mlist, nmembers, 0, send_welcome_msg, s)
File "/usr/sbin/add_members", line 135, in addall
mlist.ApprovedAddMember(userdesc, ack, 0)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 915, in ApprovedAddMember
digest, text)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Deliverer.py", line 69, in SendSubscribeAck
}, lang=pluser, mlist=self)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 509, in maketext
return findtext(templatefile, dict, raw, lang, mlist)[0]
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 485, in findtext
raise IOError(errno.ENOENT, 'No template file found', templatefile)
IOError: [Errno 2] No template file found: 'subscribeack.txt'

--quote--

I installed the original Debian Mailman 2.1.4 .deb, so I don't
understand, why there seem to be missing files!?!?

Mailman worked over a year without problems on the same maschine with
Debiab unstable for over a year, but I had to renew the installation!
;-((( All services work, only Mailman has problems!

I use the old mm_cfg.py, can there be a problem with the paths? There
doesn't seem to be any path related variables!?

And where do the scripts search for the template files? I'm not able to
find them! :-(((

Thnx a lot in advance for your help!