[Mailman-Users] Switching web hosts.... Transferring mailman mailing lists

Bruce Embrey embrey at hood.edu
Wed Apr 7 17:31:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

The following commands helped me to do this:

bin/config_list -o filename listname
bin/list_members -o filename listname

These commands export to a text file the configuration settings for the
list and the members of the list. To import the settings into the new
list substitute -i for -o. To add the members use:

bin/add_members -wn -an -r filename listname

This will add them silently without sending notification of joining this
list. Checkout the help with each command for the available switches.

Bruce Embrey

Bruce Edward Embrey : Linux Systems Manager
Campus Email Admin / NETREG : UNIX / Linux Administrator
Hood College : embrey at hood.edu : Phone (301)696-3927