[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman won't send confirm emails when subscribing OS X

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Apr 9 08:34:46 CEST 2004

On Apr 8, 2004, at 2:16 AM, Jamie L. Penman-Smithson wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 17:32:16 +1000, Jason Marty scribbled down:
>
>> In OS X ­ sorry to post twice but I left this off.
>>
>> Mailman won't send confirm emails when subscribing.
>> It used to work and it unsubscribes as it should but it anyone trying
>> subscribe is described in the log file as pending and is never
>> activated
>> because the confirm email is not posted.
>>
>> Any ideas??
>
> This is a FAQ - http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#3.14

This is not the behavior I've seen with mailman.  I've had it where
everything works perfectly: messages go to subscribers, unsusbs are
processed, bounce notifications happen.  Just subscribe request s go
into pending limbo, or confirmations are sent and the user is not
added. It seems to clear up after manually adding someone... but I've
not really tracked it down.

--
A vote for Nader is a vote for George Bush.