[Mailman-Users] A few questions:

Jim Swift jswift at alberni.net
Fri Apr 9 19:51:10 CEST 2004

I am exploring the features of Mailman 2.1.3 because of a problem I've
run into with my Lyris 4.2.

For some years I have been running the "< 200 subscribers" version of
Lyris 4.2, as a free community list service, but have just run into
the 50 list limit and I need to move some of those lists, possibly to
an available Mailman server.

But I have a few questions about Mailman that I have been unable to
answer from the documenation I've been able to find.

1. One of my regular tasks is to look at the delivery logs for the
messagea that are sent to the lsits. In Mailman, is it possible to get
delivery reports for each message sent to a list.

2. The welcome message is only partly configurable for the list. How
can I change the "tech" part of the welcome message.

3. I use quite a few action phrases in Lyris, and can send a message
to the author if a message is blocked because of an action. Is it
possible to send a message to a user whenever content filters are
invoked in Mailman.

Many thanks

Jim Swift
Alberni Valley Community list service