[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Dave C. djc at microwave.com
Sat Apr 10 23:19:16 CEST 2004

I couldnt figure out how to post this in the 'Wiki', so Im sending it
here.

Hello, I came across this on the TODO list for Mailman 2.1:

> # better tools for the membership management page. i.e. divide chunks
>   alphabetically, and add a search for member by regexp field. (Done)

While this is fantastic to have be what is displayed by detault, what
seems to have been forgotten, is:

"Provide a link or button to request that the full member roster be
displayed on one page, regardless of the number of members"

At least, I cant seem to find a way to do it.

It might also be better to provide an option to divide the list into
chunks, but not have a seperate page for each letter/character.

Eg, if a list had 60 members, the first 30 on the first page, the second
30 on the next. (even if they start with a wide variety of characters.)

Another idea might be, if there are less than chunksize members
displayed, keep adding members until there are.

Eg, lets say chunksize was 30, and there were

2  members starting with "a"
5  members starting with "b"
10 members starting with "c"
6  members starting with "d"
12 members starting with "e"
4  members starting with "f"
6  members starting with "g"
10 ...                   "h"

Having to display each of those on a seperate page is tedious to work
with in the UI.

Instead, on the "a" page, display the 2 a's, the 5 b's, the 10 c's, the
6 d's, and the first 7 e's.

The 'e' page, would display, all 12 e's, the 4 f's and the 6 g's, and
the first 8 h's

etc..