[Mailman-Users] README.Exim vs. "Using exim and Mailman together"

Karl R. Balsmeier karl at sfdata.net
Tue Apr 13 02:19:17 CEST 2004

Which doumentation should I be using for Exim 3/ Mailman 2.1.2 OpenBSD?

No, really.  They are vastly different as pertains to UID/GIDs, transports
and directors.  There's no date on one of them.  This is getting a bit
depressing.

1.  README.Exim, which comes with mailman, written by Nigel M., states:
    All UID/GID settings must match those given in the code fragments below:

MAILMAN_USER=mailman
MAILMAN_GROUP=mailman

2.  "Using Exim and MM together" also written by Nigel M. on
http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html states:

All UID/GID settings must match those given in the code fragments below:

MAILMAN_UID=exim
MAILMAN_GID=exim

I have Mailman working enough to create lists and send confirmation emails
to a local user on the same box.

I am however unable to do much else because testing is nearly impossible
without some initial framework to start off on.

-krb