[Mailman-Users] Re: List-Admin

richard at quicksilverstore.com richard at quicksilverstore.com
Fri Apr 16 07:36:17 CEST 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:50:04 -0500, you wrote:

> On 05:30 PM 4/15/2004, mailman-users-request at python.org wrote:
> >I'm new to this list. I have created a couple test lists and find the
> >list-admin address seems to be a black hole. In other words, if my list
> >is called 'testlist', mail sent to the address testlist-admin does not
> >seem to go anywhere. The address testlist-owner works fine, but the
> >admin address mail seems to be lost.
>
>       listname-admin is not defined.  If you have reason to use it you
> could add it to the aliases.  If you are looking for the admin(s) of the
> list, they are listed on the general page of the admin section.
>
> <>< Paul

Ok thanks. I wasn't sure since both listname-admin and listname-owner
are among the aliases mailman generates when creating a new list--
except, you must be right, mail to listname-admin just disappears. I
think I'll just alias it to listname-owner. It appears that will do no
harm.

Thanks to you Paul and Lloyd who replied to my first question. I like
mailman a lot! It's great having this very active list.

Regards,

Richard