[Mailman-Users] Is mailman suitable ?

Thomas Carrié thocar at free.fr
Sun Apr 18 16:21:07 CEST 2004

I have a special need for "group of emails" management, I need mailman users
help to tell me if mailman matches my needs

1) Group definition

A group is composed of members, if an email is sent to a group, all people
from the group receive it

2) Subscription policy

I want an administrator to be the only central person to be able to
register/unregister someone in a group
I have no need for subscription initiated by the user

3) Group composition

As an administrator I would like to be able to register a user in a group, but
I'd like also to put a group in another group

4) Accessibility policy

Let's say I have created groups A,B and C
As an admin I would like to be able to set the 3 following policies

group A policy : only members of the group A are able to write to group A
group B policy : only members of the group A are able to write to group B
group C policy : anyone on the internet can write to group C

Thanks for your help

Thomas Carrié
Identité GPG : 0285ED14