[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Spamassassin

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Apr 22 19:38:05 CEST 2004

Quoting Doc Schneider (maddoc at maddoc.net):
> Can someone please let me know how to intergrate spamassassin with Mailman?
>
> Running both 2.1.4 and 2.0.13 on different servers.

I've been doing this for ages on all the publically known mailing lists.
What I did was re-alias the posting address to

copilot-announce:		 "|/usr/bin/procmail -m MAILMAN=copilot-announce /etc/procmailrcs/mailman"
rfc:		 "|/usr/bin/procmail -m MAILMAN=rfc /etc/procmailrcs/mailman"

Then /etc/procmailrcs/mailman is a file that belongs to user
"nobody.nobody" (because that's who Mailman expects mail to come from)
which looks sort of like:

HOME=/var/mailman
SPAMFOLDER=${HOME}/Mail/caughtspam
LOGFILE=${HOME}/Mail/log

:0
{
    :0 B:
    * ^Content-Type:.*(^.*)?name=.*\.(bat|com|exe|lnk|pif|scr|shs|vbs)
    /dev/null
}

:0fw
| ${SPAMC}

:0

:0

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
With so many "textbook cases" of single points of failure, you'd think