[Mailman-Users] line feed issue with subscribeack.txt for one-way list

Jon Quiros mailman_users at teahead.net
Fri Apr 23 19:23:30 CEST 2004

OS- OpenBSD 3.4
Mailer- Sendmail 8.12.9
MailMan version- 2.1.4

Hello,
I've been using mailman for several lists very successfully so far, and
one of them is a one-way list so I'm using the
/var/spool/mailman/lists/mchalertlistnamen/subscribeack.txt file for
welcome messages.

This works fine except that at the end of the file I have an address
with phone numbers in the form of
---------
Miss Bla bla bla, Bla Lorem Ipsum
Renoit, Nuveua, 22222
phone: (xxx)345-2345
fax: (xxx)344-3333
=========
but when this welcome message is received by a new subscriber, the end
of it is all wrapped together, like this:
-----------
Miss Bla bla bla, Bla Lorem Ipsum Renoit, Nuveua, 22222 phone:
(xxx)345-2345 fax: (xxx)344-3333
-----------
In the file, when I add a blank line between lines, likeso:
======
Miss Bla bla bla, Bla Lorem Ipsum

Renoit, Nuveua, 22222

phone: (xxx)345-2345

fax: (xxx)344-3333
=======
that is what the new subscriber receives.

Why would my single linefeeds be ignored?

I've tried adding a "\n" as the common unix linefeed character but to no
avail...

Help and/or pointers appreciated to resolve this minor but somewhat
irritating issue.

Jon Quirós
Senior Network/Systems Administrator
MCH Group/Georgetown University