[Mailman-Users] Getting caught by SPAM Filters because of Mailman handoff

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Apr 24 17:31:33 CEST 2004

Lloyd F. Tennison wrote on Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:10:07 -0700:

> Companies are now starting to block Mailman lists (among others)
> because of the way the headers are sent out stating the hand-off to
> the server:

This is not because of Mailman, this is because they misconfigured their
spam filter. We do run SA and others filters and I usually put all mailing
lists we receive in the whitelist, but somehow I forgot to do it for this
list. It's getting thru as clear ham and doesn't have any standard spam
tagging from SA. If it gets a spam hit, then it's because of the body, not
the headers and usually it gets BAYES_00 (= ham) for the body.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany