[Mailman-Users] Senddigests fails with HeaderParseError

Larry Meehan lwm at cs.indiana.edu
Sun Apr 25 07:47:47 CEST 2004

Greetings list members,

I thought I had sent this message earlier, but I don't see it in the
archives.  Forgive me if you have already seen it.

I did a search of the list on HeaderParseError and didn't find an answer
to this.
I'm running mailman 2.1.4.

I just had senddigests fail due to this "From: " line:

   From: =?Windows-1251?B?wuvg5Ojs6PAgyvDg8e7i8ero6Q?=
<vkrasovsky at xxxxxxxx.ru>

I deleted the character set specification and the digest was sent
Has anyone else seen this?  Even if the charset is bogus, mailman
shouldn't bomb.

The error I got was:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
 File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
 File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in send_digest_now
   ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
 File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 132, in
   send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
 File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 225, in
   addresses = getaddresses([oneline(msg.get('from', ''), lcset)])
 File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 389, in
   h = make_header(decode_header(s))
 File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Header.py", line 113, in
   raise HeaderParseError