[Mailman-Users] Fwd: message 'batch' processing?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Apr 27 16:15:09 CEST 2004

Quoting Alvar Saenz-Otero (alvarso at MIT.EDU):
> >While the interface lets you do about everything, the page is extremely
> >big, and there is no method to 'batch' process messages.  With
> >approximately 20 messages a day of spam (sometimes up to 40), and most
> >times *none* real messages waiting, using mailman becomes a task of every
> >single day clicking 20-40 individual radio buttons, lots of scrolling, and
> >then submitting data.

All my publically advertised mailing lists (and one private one whose
existance was "outed" by a jerk) are now set to accept members posts only,
and to bounce anything that isn't from a member.  Yeah, it means the users
have to learn to stop sending email from their other accounts unless they
are willing to subscribe that account to the list and set it to "no mail",
but it sure lessens my burden.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
The thing I've noticed, particularly about Usenet, that while as a