[Mailman-Users] How does Mailman compare with YahooGroups?

prodos at prodos.com prodos at prodos.com
Tue Apr 27 16:54:04 CEST 2004

From: Prodos (Melbourne, Australia)

Greetings!

(Firstly: Oops! I accidentally sent a wrong email to the list.
I hope the moderator deletes it. If not, sorry about that!)

I'm writing to ask about comparing Mailman with YahooGroups.

Would anyone on this list care to offer a comparison?
Or, if you are an ex-YahooGroups user, say why you changed
to Mailman? Or, if you know of an already existing comparison
online somewhere, perhaps you could send me the URL.

I've been using YahooGroups (previously eGroups) for my various
discussion and bulletin lists for years. I think they are very good.
But I'm now looking around for alternatives.

And what about Majordomo? How does that compare with Mailman?

If you prefer to write back privately rather than through
the list, no problem: prodos at prodos.com

Thank you for any advice or assistance.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS