[Mailman-Users] Reset All Users Disabled By Bouncing?

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Wed Apr 28 22:24:35 CEST 2004

Hello,

David Relson wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:14:38 -0700
> Hunter Hillegas wrote:
>>Is there a way to reset all users that are set to nomail[B] to
>>re-enable delivery?
>
> Perhaps the following idea will be helpful:
>
> $prefix/list_members can give a list of members
> grep can select the aol subscribers
> ??? can use _that_ list to re-enable the users

Ideally, list_members would have switches to display any attribute a
user could have.  Then update_members could change any attribute a user
could have.

So far, each started fairly simple and added more capabilities.

I believe that 3.0, integrating a data base for users, is expected to be
able to handle these kinds of updates much more easily.

In the meantime, if you can find someone who knows Python and has time,
you can add the capability to update_members to reset the nomail
setting.  I have done some of that kind of thing in the past, but no
longer have the time, really.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own