[Mailman-Users] Is Mailman suitable?

Rob Hackney Rob.hackney at tkcsales.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 17:11:52 CEST 2004

I've been asked to look into mass emailing software for my company.
At present, we use a 3rd party to send html formatted emails to
subscribed users and also offer an unsub link.
I did look at Lyris Listmanager which was good but far too expensive.
I need the program to do the following:
send out html formatted emails to a list of subscribed users
disallow replies to the from email address.
create an auto unsub
manage bounces/ non-deliverables

I'd like to be able to track the messages tho this isn't strictly
necessary.

I have told my boss that I think postfix + mailman can do this
(oh yeah did I say I have to do this at 0 cost ;-)
Am I right?  I've just installed mailman and am currently configuring
and testing it but don't want to waste my time if it is not suitable.
My main concern is sending out the emails and making sure that this
isn't a group to reply to.
One other thing:  this will need to work on a network which currently
has an ms exch server handling out two domains;
dom1.co.uk
dom2.co.uk
It is vital that the email comes from newsletters at dom2.co.uk
This is currently an exch mailbox.
thanks

IT Manager
TKC Group
Unit 3 Ashmead Ind Est
Keynsham
Bristol
BS31 1TU
UK
Tel: 0870 870 0480

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It should not be deemed to constitute a binding contract between TKC Group and the recipient(s) unless a purchase order number is quoted.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TKC Group Ltd.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please do not copy or disclose its contents. Please return it to: postmaster at tkcsales.co.uk then delete the email.

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)