[Mailman-Users] Email commands

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Fri Apr 30 20:18:18 CEST 2004

On Apr 30, 2004, at 12:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Louis Proyect wrote on Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:59:45 -0400:
>
>> Supposedly a message of "who 'password'"  sent to
>> list-request at mailman.server will provide such a list but it does not
>> seem
>> to recognize the command
>>

> So, what does it say in the reply?

I wasn't the OP of this thread, but I've had the same frustration in
the past. It prints out this message describing usage of the command:

> The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your

In my case the problem was that I put the command word in the subject
line. I don't think I've seen it spelled out clearly anywhere that the
subject line cannot be a command word unless the password is also given
in the subject line. Subsequent commands can be in the body of the
message, and each command also requires the password. Perhaps this
should be in the FAQ? I can't find it there...

Dan
Dan Phillips
Professor of Horn, University of Memphis
webmaster: http://music.memphis.edu