[Mailman-Users] Mailman stopped sending mail

Rob Hackney Rob.hackney at tkcsales.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 12:01:58 CEST 2004

My Mailman 2.1.1 installation seems to have stopped delivering.
I am sending from the box that mailman sits on from an address
subscribed in my test list: newsletters at lists.routone.co.uk

My /etc/postfix/aliases is as follows:

> # Basic system aliases -- these MUST be present.
> mailer-daemon:  postmaster
> postmaster:     root
>

> # Person who should get root's mail
> root:           robhackney
>

> # mailman aliases
> mailman:        postmaster
> mailman-owner:  mailman
> newsletters:    robhackney

I have checked the logs and found nothing in bounce/ smtp/ smtp-failure/
post/.
I have checked the maillog also and can see the test mail submitted:

> Aug  5 10:34:01 simba postfix/smtpd[1744]: connect from
> simba.tkcsales.co.uk[192.168.16.14]
> Aug  5 10:34:02 simba postfix/smtpd[1744]: 33F0C17877:
> client=simba.tkcsales.co.uk[192.168.16.14]
> Aug  5 10:34:02 simba postfix/cleanup[1745]: 33F0C17877:
> message-id=<4111FF09.90900 at lists.routeone.co.uk>
> Aug  5 10:34:02 simba postfix/nqmgr[651]: 33F0C17877:
> from=<newsletters at lists.routeone.co.uk>, size=618, nrcpt=1 (queue
active)
> Aug  5 10:34:02 simba postfix/smtpd[1744]: disconnect from
> simba.tkcsales.co.uk[192.168.16.14]
> Aug  5 10:34:04 simba postfix/local[1746]: 33F0C17877:
> to=<test at lists.routeone.co.uk>, relay=local, delay=2, status=sent
> ("|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post test")

I have restarted mailman and rechecked logs but again nothing.
I have worked on 2 things since it stopped working:
adding in the mailman aliases into the /etc/postfix aliases file as I
saw they were not present.  There is no mail in the user mailbox
robhackney.
Changing my firewall rules but I can send mail from the box to both
internal and external addresses.
My knowledge doesn't extend any further and I've ran out of ideas.
Would someone be able to point me in the right direction?
thanks

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It should not be deemed to constitute a binding contract between TKC Group and the recipient(s) unless a purchase order number is quoted.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TKC Group Ltd.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please do not copy or disclose its contents. Please return it to: postmaster at tkcsales.co.uk then delete the email.

Scanned for viruses by MailDefender