[Mailman-Users] Question about public HTML pages...

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Fri Aug 6 06:00:10 CEST 2004

I know I can go to a list's Admin page and change the public HTML.. but
I have a question.

Let's say I want to put a Paypal donation link on a list's public
page--whereever I put the code (and it doesn't seem to matter where),
when I click on the Paypal link, it gives me a Mailman error saying I
must supply a valid email address (like I'm submitting to the
subscription form...). I've even tried putting the code in the List's
"info" from the Admin, General Settings page. Same thing...

Is there any way to put a Paypal donation link on a list's public page?
If so, what am I missing? :(

The code looks like this (escaped with pre-tags):

<pre>
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
<input type="image"
src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" border="0"
name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
<input type="hidden" name="encrypted" value="lots of gunk">
</form>
</pre>

Thanks in advance!
Glenn

           ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759