[Mailman-Users] Re: Manking an announcement list

Alexandro Colorado alexandro.colorado at expolinux.org
Mon Aug 9 21:14:00 CEST 2004

I finally found my question on the faq and I got this response:

"Features: Members join by filling in a form on your website (and replying
to the confirmation email). They will be sent a welcome message that does
not mention how to post to the list. They will receive your newsletters,
with a footer that gives simple instructions for unsubscribing. Only
authorized persons can post to the list (send the newsletters). (Note: For
this FAQ we are discussing how to setup an announcement list for a band.)"

I am sorry but is not very clear, I use mailman's web front end and I
wonder where is the options to set it up properly. Then it says

" They will be sent a welcome message that does not mention how to post to
the list."

Are they discribing a newsletter-list? or they are suggesting going
security through obscurity? I think this is a very obscure and
non-specific response. If anyone have set up a newsletter through mailman
control panel, please respond.

--
Coordinador de XpoLinux
http://www.expolinux.org