[Mailman-Users] BIG discard problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Aug 11 21:21:37 CEST 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:38:52 -0400
Robert Echlin wrote:

...[snip]...

> #2 sounds useful, but it may not be. It almost certainly requires that
> you pass a lot of parameters to provide the identities of all the
> requests (some multiple of 11000 or so parameters) that need to be
> discarded. Remember that it says "discard all deferred items". So it
> has to know which items you have left marked as "deferred".

Remember "deferred" is the default.  I bet that selecting that checkbox
justs adds a simple key/value pair like "all=yes" to the cgi request.
The origin of the "discard all deferred items" (or whatever the wording
is) can likely be found with:

   egrep -i -r -w "all.*defer" /usr/lib/mailman/

or something similar.