[Mailman-Users] Stopping Mailman's cron jobs soon!!!

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Thu Aug 19 20:15:44 CEST 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Thomas Bartolucci wrote:

> Right now I'm in the process of upgrading my email server, so I want all
> mail to halt.  My mail queue however keeps getting bogged down by
> mailman cron jobs.  What do I have to do to stop these.
> So far I've:
> 1.  Stop qrunner altogether
> 2.  Commented out the entire MAILMAN_HOME/cron/crontab.in

I'm not an expert, but it's my understanding that crontab.in is the source
file that gets copied over to the working file.  The actual file you need
to modify is /etc/cron.d/mailman (at least on my system).  Comment out all
the lines that are not commented out, or just move that file to some other
directory temporarily.

DDDD   David Kramer         david at thekramers.net       http://thekramers.net
DKK D  Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?