[Mailman-Users] Listowner.org is down

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Fri Aug 20 01:43:10 CEST 2004

On 8/19/2004 11:13, "David Blomquist" <dbl at tentra.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 10:01, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> David Blomquist wrote:

>>> I just went there and it is up.
>>>

>> It may have been when you tried it, but at
>> Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:50:00 -0700 it is not responding to ping or http
>> connect, nor has it been available at any time I've tried it in the
>> last few months.
>
> Then I would say that it is not the list.org site and you are
> experiencing routing or DNS issues.

Interesting.  Name service shows 69.26.234.42 for www.listowner.org and
listowner.org.

Port 80 connections don't seem to work to that address (command line or
browser).

Are those where Listowner hangs out?

Could be routing, but the only commonality in Fred's probable routing and
mine seems to be that we're on opposite ends of the US West Coast.
(pacbell.net--not sure where since "snfc" isn't obvious--and Qwest--greater
Seattle).

  --John (by the time I get to Phoenix, traceroute ends)