[Mailman-Users] New user - Mailman question

Charles Mikecz Vamossy taursus at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 21 06:31:47 CEST 2004

At 02:22 PM 8/20/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Jeff Barger wrote:
> >
> >On Aug 20, 2004, at 4:22 PM, Richard Barrett wrote:
> >
> >> Am I alone in taking exception to people posting to this list and then
> >> having some crap software intercepting the responses they have
> >> solicited from the list's subscribers.
> >
> >Nope, I expect that's a pretty crowded room :)
> >

>For the record. I'm in there too.
>
>In fairness to the OP, he may not be aware of this, but I wish people
>could understand that autoresponders, mandatory white lists and so
>forth are not compatible with mailing list participation.
>
>--
>Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

Thank you for your clarification.  I had no idea - why would I? - that
coming in from people, as opposed emails coming from the list itself.  Had
I known that - given that I am using my ISP's spamblocker software - would
have never signed up.

Using Mailman - as opposed to some of the other popular list programs has
turned into a giant headache.  I understand that it is complex and has many
parameters, but I did not think it would cause so much trouble.  Now I
understand why our subsribers are so unhappy with it.

I am signing off this list with apologies, I did not intend to trouble
you.  I am also immediately starting our migration off Mailman.

BTW, I participate in a number of mailing lists on Yahoo and never had the
this happen to me.  All the mail - whether individual or digest form - come
from a single source, which is enabled on my spamblocker to get through.

Charles