[Mailman-Users] help

Allen Watson allen at circleofa.com
Sun Aug 29 00:17:20 CEST 2004

You're right; they are basic questions. I'd suggest reading the
documentation that is available at:

And at

<http://www.list.org/docs.html>

On or near 8/27/04 2:28 PM, nderrff retrgrtg at myles_dyer at hotmail.com
observed:

> Hey. I have just started to use your mailing list program, but i am new to
> website making etc.
>
> I have set up a mailing list, but i do not understand certain things.
>
> Is there a way of allowing people to subscribe to it on my website without
> having to visit those pages?

People can subscribe by sending a message to
"News-subscribe at penitentiary.co.uk", if that is your list name and your
domain. On your web page you need a link like this:

subscribe.</.a>

> Also, if the email is News at penitentiary.co.uk  and I want to send a
> newsletter, do I send an email to news at penitentiary.co.uk and then it will
> be distributed to everyone on the list?

Yes, that's how it works.

> Is there a way allowing only me to send emails to people on the list?

Make everyone on the list moderated by setting their "Mod" bit; you'll see
this in the Membership list on the web interface. Then, insert your own
address in the list of those allowed to post to the list, in the Privacy
section of settings.