[Mailman-Users] Digest being sent over and over

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 7 01:49:47 CET 2004

dann s washko wrote:

>I've been looking through the logs and no, I don't see any error
>regarding the digest.  I looked through the digest.mbox and it still
>contains all the old messages.  I verified that the permissions on the
>digest were rw for for the owner and group (which are mailman.mailman).

Do you see any errors at all in the error log at the time a digest is
produced?

The owner, group and permissions on digest.mbox are as they should be.
When digests are produced, the MIME format digest is queued to be
sent, then the plain digest is queued, then a couple of calls return
and

os.unlink(digestmbox)

is called to remove digest.mbox. Since the digests get sent, about the
only thing that can go wrong is the os.unlink() call itself unless
only MIME and not plain digests are being sent.

Without more clues, I'm stuck.