[Mailman-Users] Feature request

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 21 19:21:39 CET 2004

Allon Stern wrote:

>I have a feature request. I have multiple email addresses, and
>sometimes manage to send email to a list from the wrong account. In
>that event, the message is held for review by a moderator. A message is
>mailed back explaining this, with a link that I can follow to a webpage
>which gives me the option of cancelling the post.
>
>But I really AM a member of the mailing list. I just used the wrong
>from address.

You could ask the list owner to add your alternate addresses to the
accept_these_nonmembers filter or you could subscribe all your
alternate addresses to the list and disable delivery to them.

>Why doesn't the web page also give the option of authenticating to the
>server using my mailman account and password, and let the message go
>through (maybe rewriting the from address in the process) ?
>
>That would be right handy.

Note there is a todo list for Mailman at http://www.list.org/todo.html
which contains the entry

#  Have one account per user per site, with multiple email addresses and
   fallbacks. Allow them to subscribe whichever address they want to
   whichever list, with different options per subscription.

This may address your issue in a different way.

If you want to submit this as a feature request that will actually be
seen by the developers and tracked, the best place to do that is