[Mailman-Users] nodupes question

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Thu Feb 5 20:04:55 CET 2004

First of all, I want to make sure I understand the 'nodupes'  feature. I
take it to mean that if this is enabled for a subscriber and the subscriber
is subscribed to multiple lists and a message is posted to more than one of
those lists, he will receive only one copy.

Assuming that is true, how can I globally change all current subscribers on
a list to 'nodupes'?  I see where I can set all future subscribers to not
receive dupes, but not those that are currently not set to 'nodupes'. Is the
default setting for new lists set to 'nodupes'.?  I tried using the
list_config command and checked the Defaults.py, but I only find a reference
in the latter to the wording for the column in the Membership List page.

Christopher Adams