[Mailman-Users] single list has ceased delivery and nothing in error log

michael dunston mdunston at music.vt.edu
Fri Feb 13 04:39:19 CET 2004

A list that has been running for almost a year ceased delivery of
messages about a week ago, due to the

    'UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)'

problem.  The last time this happened with a list I was able to manually
remove the offending message (in mailman/lists/THELIST/digest.mbox) and
run bin/unshunt but this time there is no digest.mbox file in the list
directory.  Is there somewhere else to look for the message causing this
error?  Where are messages queued when shunting 'sticks' a list?

I have updated to 2.1.4, applied the scrubber.py.patch and run
bin/check_perms -f and bin/unshunt.  This list is still 'stuck' (not
delivering messages) yet there is nothing being logged in logs/error
anymore.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  THanks..

-- Michael Dunston
-- Music and Technology
-- <http://www.music.vt.edu>
-- Virginia Tech School of the Arts