[Mailman-Users] trying to install mailman-2.1.4

camelia camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Thu Jan 1 09:23:44 CET 2004

I try to install mailman-2.1.4 using python-2.2.2.
Everything goes well and check_perms doesn't report problems.
But when I try to creat a test list by running
newlist command ( and give all the asked details) I get error message:

./newlist
Enter the name of the list: test
Enter the email of the person running the list: camelia at wicc
Initial test password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./newlist", line 219, in ?
    main()
  File "./newlist", line 151, in main
    mlist = MailList.MailList()
  File "/export/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 101, in __init__
    self.InitTempVars(name)
  File "/export/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 249, in InitTempVars
    withlogging = mm_cfg.LIST_LOCK_DEBUGGING)
  File "/export/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 192, in __init__
    self.__tmpfname = '%s.%s.%d.%d' % (
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gethostname'
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "LockFile instance has no attribute
'_LockFile__owned'" in  ignored

How can I fix this ?

Thank you

camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il