[Mailman-Users] cgi-GID error?

Tim Perdue tim at perdue.net
Sat Jan 3 01:32:55 CET 2004

Hello, I am trying to get a mailman install to work on SUSE Pro 9 with
their weird apache 2.0.48 setup. Apache runs as wwwrun:www, or is
supposed to.

I properly compiled mailman with cgi-gid=8 (www) and the list WWW
interface works 90% right. On some pages, perhaps only when POSTing
information, I get an error about "Premature end of script headers".

As a test, I recompiled and reinstalled mailman with cgi-gid=0, to see
what error I got. Nothing ran at all, and got this:

"Mailman CGI error!!!
This entry is being stored in your syslog:

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 0, GOT gid 8.  (Reconfigure to take 8?)"

So it appears that compiling for cgi-gid=8 is the right thing to do, but
I am still getting that occasional "Premature end of script headers"
when doing POSTs to the www interface of mailman.

Any ideas?

Tim