[Mailman-Users] Mailman Setup Problem

Matthew Painter mggpainter at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 3 14:26:23 CET 2004

Hi all,

Is this a problem I can fix or does it need to be attended to by my web
host?

>From this address:-
http://s10.s10avahost.net/mailman/listinfo/family_painterinfo.com
You register for the mailing list.
A confirmation email is sent, requesting you reply to the email to confirm
your registration and this fails.

Also the following page:-
http://s10.s10avahost.net/mailman/subscribe/family_painterinfo.com
has a link to email the webmaster:-
mailto:Family_painterinfo.com-owner at s10.s10avahost.net
and this also returns an error from mail server.

The mailing list itself works when you send emails to the address
family at painterinfo.com
and the administration page works, it is just the s10.s10avahost.net email
addresses
See below a copy of an error email from s10.s10avahost.net mail server.

>From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon at s10.s10avahost.net>
>To: mggpainter at hotmail.com
>Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
>Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:36:46 -0600
>
>This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
>
>A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>
>   Family_painterinfo.com-request at s10.s10avahost.net
>     local delivery failed
>
>------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

>From: "Matthew Painter" <mggpainter at hotmail.com>
>To: Family_painterinfo.com-request at s10.s10avahost.net
>Bcc:
>Subject: RE: confirm cc58cbd8de142bd30d379ecf24d85fcdc31b0b21
>Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 22:36:44 +1000
>

> >From: Family_painterinfo.com-request at s10.s10avahost.net
> >To: mggpainter at hotmail.com
> >Subject: confirm cc58cbd8de142bd30d379ecf24d85fcdc31b0b21
> >Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 06:35:45 -0600
> >
> >Mailing list subscription confirmation notice for mailing list
> >Family_painterinfo.com
> >
> >We have received a request from 203.221.138.51 for subscription of
> >your email address, "mggpainter at hotmail.com", to the
> >that you want to be added to this mailing list, simply reply to this
> >message, keeping the Subject: header intact.  Or visit this web page:
> >

> >http://s10.s10avahost.net/mailman/confirm/family_painterinfo.com/cc58cbd8de142bd30d379ecf24d85fcdc31b0b21
> >

> >Or include the following line -- and only the following line -- in a
> >message to Family_painterinfo.com-request at s10.s10avahost.net:
> >
> >     confirm cc58cbd8de142bd30d379ecf24d85fcdc31b0b21
> >
> >Note that simply sending a `reply' to this message should work from
> >most mail readers, since that usually leaves the Subject: line in the
> >right form (additional "Re:" text in the Subject: is okay).
> >
> >If you do not wish to be subscribed from this list, please simply
> >disregard this message.  If you think you are being maliciously
> >subscribed to the list, or have any other questions, send them to
> >Family_painterinfo.com-owner at s10.s10avahost.net.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Painter