[Mailman-Users] Using postfix-to-mailman-2.1

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Sun Jan 4 01:51:13 CET 2004

Hey Ross,

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 21:09, Ross McKillop wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a small problem getting mailman to work with my postfix
> setup, the easiest method I've found is postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py (from
> http://www.gurulabs.com/files/postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py) but not having
> much success with it... hoping someone on this list can shed a little
> light on it...
>
> Postfix is running with MailScanner so I have /etc/postfix and
> /etc/postfix.in (the incoming MTA)

Running Postfix with MailScanner is not recommended due to the unsafe
way in which MS manipulates Postfix queue files (dangerously). Expect
bad things to happen.

> /etc/postfix.in/master.cf
> 	mailman   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
> 	  flags=FR user=mailman:mailman
> 	  argv=/usr/local/mailman/postfix-to-mailman.py ${nexthop} ${user}

Don't quote me on this, but in my master.cf I just have a user as part
of the user= argument, with no group. Try omitting the group, and
running with just user=mailman. *AFAIK* user= doesn't need the
':<group>' part.

Hope this helps,

-j

--
-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org>
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 00:30:01 up 14:57,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00