[Mailman-Users] Sendmail Performance with mailman

Dr. M.C. Koops koops at drkoops.nl
Mon Jan 5 23:53:19 CET 2004

Hi Graham,

At http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2002-May/019621.html I
found your post on SMTP.

I have a similar problem to the one you replied to.
i just installed Linux RedHat 9.0, and I want to use sendmail.
The emails do not leave the server though, but they are queued.

I have no experience with smtp, but lots of people tell me that it is
really hard to configure sendmail.

I have an adsl connection to my provider, and my provider runs an smtp server.
All I want to do is: send email out using sendmail (i have a php package
using sendmail)

can you help me?
is it really that hard, or do I just have to push the right buttons, set
some addresses right etc?
kind regards and thanks ahead for answering,

Martijn Koops