[Mailman-Users] config.pck problem

david at futuretel.com david at futuretel.com
Wed Jan 7 22:23:44 CET 2004

Hi, I just finished setting up mailman and have run into a problem.
Turns out that just after I configured mailman, my company switched
all of the web services to https only.  Now, unfortunatly when I
configured mailman, I entered all the url information as http.

So I had to go back through all of the auto generated html pages in
mailman and change(even in the archives) http to https.  I also went
through all the config files I could find like mm_cfg.py.
The only files left without the mapping are the config.pck files for
each list I have.

They seem to be some sort of binary format and when I add a byte for
https mailman crashes when generating pages and gives me an error.
pasted below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 42, in main
    listinfo_overview()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py", line 87, in
  listinfo_overview
    mlist = MailList.MailList(name, lock=0)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 128, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 587, in Load
    dict, e = self.__load(file)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 560, in __load
    dict = loadfunc(fp)
UnpicklingError: invalid load key, '/'.

Python information:

Variable	Value
sys.version	2.2.3 (#1, Nov 4 2003, 14:06:04) [GCC 3.2.3 20030422
(Gentoo Linux 1.4 3.2.3-r1, propolice)]
sys.executable	  /usr/bin/python
sys.prefix	  /usr
sys.exec_prefix	  /usr
sys.path	  /usr
sys.platform	  linux2

is there a way to change that entry without recreating the list ? I'm
at a bit of an impasse.
Regards,
Dave

Please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list.