[Mailman-Users] cgi problem

Timothy Reaves treaves at silverfieldstech.com
Fri Jan 9 20:44:13 CET 2004

   Hello all.  I have searched through the archives for a solution to my
problem, but I can not seem to find one.  I did find out a couple of
other things though.

     My setup is SuSE 8.2, mailman 2.1.1, and apache 2.0.48.  I have
virtual domains, and each domain has a config file at
/etc/apache/vhosts/.  For this domain, I have the following in the
config file:
ScriptAlias     /mailman/       /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias           /pipermail/     /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/

<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/>
        Options +FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

When I access /mailman/admin, I get a 404, and in the log is:
File does not exist: /srv/www/vhosts/{domain}/mailman

If I 'ln -s /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin /srv/www/vhosts/{domain}', then I can
open the admin page.  Even after I commented out the cgi-bin entry in the
config file.  And restarting.

So it seems it is not reading that config file, even though the other
settings in it are in effect.

Can (and will :-} ) someone see if they can be of assistance?

Thanks!