[Mailman-Users] GnuPG Integration?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 15 19:12:55 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 12:19, Michael Halcrow wrote:
> Hi.  My team would like to run a mailing list with another team
> external to the company, but verything needs to be GnuPG encrypted.
> Those who post to the mailing list must encrypt it with the mailing
> list account's public key, and every message that the mailing list
> application sends out must be encrypted with the public key of each
> recipient.  In addition, the archives must be accessable only to those
> who have authenticated, and the archives can only be transmitted via
> SSL.  Furthermore, the mailing list application can never send a
> password in the clear; when a recipient signs up for a mailing list,
> he must also provide his public key as an attachment, and the list
> administrator must give his explicit approval for the new member to be
> added to the list.  Does mailman support this functionality, or does
> it plan to in the future?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
> .___________________________________________________________________.
>                          Michael A. Halcrow
>        Security Software Engineer, IBM Linux Technology Center
> GnuPG Fingerprint: 05B5 08A8 713A 64C1 D35D  2371 2D3C FDDA 3EB6 601D
>
> Give a man a fire, he will be warm for the evening. Set a man on
> fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Nice sig...

Mailman does not generically support what you are looking for - however
a couple of years back some folks did patch Mailman to handle secure
messages in much the same way as you are describing.  Hopefully they are
still munging Mailman and will answer your question.

As I recall, it wasn't too hard to setup mailman for this kind of
functionality.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes