[Mailman-Users] Re: Sendmail to Postfix

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 22 04:23:54 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 22:03, David Gibbs wrote:
> T. Glen Haggard wrote:
> > What would I have to do to switch from Sendmail to Postfix? Would have to
> > re-install Mailman or can I just switch remove Sendmail and install Postfix?
>
> Mailman doesn't really care what MTA you are using.
>
> So, yes, you should be able to just remove sendmail and install postfix
> and you're good to go.
>
> david

The only caveat to this is that Postfix will run the aliases as the
user/group that owns the aliases file (normally root).  If you go this
route, you will have to make sure that the owner/group of the
/etc/alaises file is mail/mail (or whatever Sendmail was using for its
user/group).

Otherwise when the Mail-cgi's are executed Mailman will see them as
being run by an unauthorized user and give a warning (and no mail).

Good Luck - Jon Carnes