[Mailman-Users] From field displayed by MS Outlook

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 18:52:00 CET 2004

On 22 Jan 2004, at 12:25, Martin Hugo wrote:

> We use Outlook 2002 and all the messages I receive (from this and our
> own lists) have the from field correctly reported as the sender.
> Either
> something has been changed in Outlook 2003 or there is a machine
> configuration problem either on the recipients machine or the senders.

The phenomenon has been observed and reported before by a number of
list subscribers and does not appear to be a matter of user
misconfiguration of Outlook nor admin misconfiguration of Mailman. If
you can add your insights as to which versions of Outlook display or
not this characteristic to the FAQ page extant on this topic, it would
be useful for other users:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq02.003.htp