[Mailman-Users] "from" column question--how can we get our name to appear instead of the email address?

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Fri Jul 2 06:28:49 CEST 2004

On 7/1/2004 12:02, "Brad Knowles" <brad.knowles at skynet.be> wrote:

> At 7:14 PM -0400 2004-06-29, Avi M. Spiegel wrote:
>
>>  We are trying to send out a mailman message.  When people receive our
>>  message, the mailman email address is listed in the from column and people
>>  think it's spam.  How can we make it so that the name of the person posting
>>  is listed in the from column?
>
> See <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq02.003.htp>.

Hi, Avi,

But keep in mind that users are also being conditioned to view vaguely
familiar or unknown names in the From column as being likely spam, thanks to
the creativity of the current crop of spammers.

You'll likely have a different set of list users toss the messages after you
make the change.  The intersection of the two sets probably isn't empty,
either.

  --John