[Mailman-Users] None of my Admin's are Recevicing "Waiting for Moderator Aproval E-mails"

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Thu Jul 8 03:35:14 CEST 2004

On Jul 8, 2004, at 04:54, Oliver Brian (BTAS) wrote:

> At the time we decided to take the backup and apply it to a newest
> version of mailman at that time (2.1.4).  I'm pretty sure that the
> previous contractor used a 2.0.X version, so I wondering if something
> on
> my end need to be changed to enable this.
>
> Every time (that requires or will require moderator approval) I send a
> message off to a list I get the follwing errors my log files (filename
> -error):
> Mail.log - Jun 10 09:05:35 mailman Mailman mail-wrapper: Illegal
> command: mailowner

mailowner was the script name used in Mailman 2.0.x for handling -admin
requests.  You may want to double check your mail server configuration
to see if it is configured to automatically route mailing list mail
without the need for explicit aliases for each list... they may still
be configured to use the old Mailman 2.0.x script names rather than
those you are using in your alias file.  (Check the
README.{your-MTA-here} files in the source distribution.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/