[Mailman-Users] Mailman speed

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Thu Jul 8 15:26:39 CEST 2004

At 11:18 AM +0100 2004-07-08, Ian A B Eiloart wrote:

>  You can let the MTA do the VERP for you. That is faster than letting
>  mailman do it. <http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html#verpex>

	That may be true for Exim, but perhaps not for other MTAs.
Assuming that's true, it's still going to slow down the MTA quite a
bit.

	Moreover, I question the value of this within the context of
Mailman -- since Mailman didn't do the VERP on outbound, I wonder
whether or not it will be able to make appropriate use of the
extended information on the incoming bounce.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755