[Mailman-Users] Mailman speed

Ian A B Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Jul 8 22:48:27 CEST 2004

--On Thursday, July 8, 2004 9:33 pm +0200 Brad Knowles
<brad.knowles at skynet.be> wrote:

>>  Of course it does! The whole point of the recipe is to deliver Mailman
>>  like VERP without the overhead in handoff of messages from Mailman to
>>  the MTA.
>
> 	But you've got to make sure that the VERP format is the same. And how do
> you deal with recipient addresses which are themselves VERPed?  How do
> you take a VERPed recipient address and then VERP that for inclusion in
> the envelope sender address?

Well, take a look at the recipe that I linked to in my first message in
this thread.

> You can let the MTA do the VERP for you. That is faster than letting
> mailman do it. <http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html#verpex>

This part of the recipe makes it ignore already VERPed addresses
    # only the un-VERPed bounce addresses are handled
    senders = "*-bounces@*"

And this part defines the VERP format.
        return_path = \
      ${local_part:$return_path}+$original_local_part=\
$original_domain@${domain:$return_path}
--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team